Tea and Coffee Stain Removal Tips
Written by Robert Regoli on 6 Nov 2012
The most important thing when it comes to any type of stain removal is making sure you act quickly. The longer you leave a stain to soak into your carpet the harder it will be to remove. Take a look at our steps to how to remove tea and coffee stains below.
Our Top Tips for Tea and Coffee Stain Removal
- Make sure you act immediately. Don’t allow the stain to dry and settle as this will only make removing it harder
- Never rub the stain, this will only spread it and make it worse. Instead your first step should be to blot the stain with a clean white cloth or paper towel to soak up as much liquid as possible.
- Mix a teaspoon of clear, mild liquid dish washing detergent with 1 cup lukewarm water and sponge the stain with this solution. Then continue to blot the stain with your clean cloth
- If the tea or coffee stain still can be seen mix 1/3 cup white vinegar with 2/3 cup lukewarm water. Sponge the stain with this solution and repeat the blotting process
- Finally sponge the area with clean water and blot with a clean white cloth
- Leave this to dry