Top Tips on How To Remove Alcohol Stains
Written by Robert Regoli on 6 Nov 2012
With the weekend nearly upon us we thought it would be a nice idea to help you out with any possible mishaps that may happen. Most of us love a drink on a weekend, but we all know there is a strong possibility that one of those drinks will be accidentally spilt. When this happens and your carpet appears to be stained permanently do not panic, we have some great tips on how to get rid of the stain before it becomes a problem.
- Act Quick! – To stop the stain becoming permanent you must act fast, dab the liquid with a dry white cloth or white paper towels to get rid of any excess fluid.
- Pre-test Your Spot Removal Solution- Before you use a cleansing solution test the solution on a hidden area of the carpet to be sure it is not going to cause damage. If you see any change try another.
- Apply A Small Amount Of Solution- Add the solution to a clean white cloth and slowly work it into the stained area working from the outside in towards the middle so that the stain is not spread further.
- Be Patient- Allow the cleaning product to do its work the key to stain removal is time. Then blot the area to remove any remaining liquid.
- If Needed Repeat The Process- This may take more than one attempt is this has been repeated several times you may need to try another cleaning product.
- Rinse The Area- Once the stain has been fully removed rinse the area with cold water and blot with a dry cloth until no moisture remains.
Important – ALWAYS read and follow the care instructions and any warnings provided by the carpet or upholstery manufacturer. Carpeting and upholstery with natural fibers and/or certain dyes or finishes may require special treatment.